THE FARMER AND THE FLORIST SERIES
A collaboration with Sweet Gale Gardens and A Fine Medley
FLORAL ARRANGING 101 : JUNE 11TH, 2017
This class will include how to clean and prepare your stems, basic colour and design theory, palette selection, and arrangement care. We will guide you through creation of a simple jar compote and mini pedestal arrangement. All materials provided. Light snacks and refreshments included.
This class will run from 1-4pm and is for:
- those of you planning a wedding or event where you are doing the DIY florals and want to learn more about how to design.
- garden lovers who'd like to bring their blooms inside
- beginners to floral design
Cost: $200 (early bird price) - To sign-up or learn more email: email@example.com.
A STUDY OF LIGHT AND FLOWERS : JULY 24TH, 2017
This is a fun, lighthearted evening of art, photography, food, community and collective intelligence. We will look at how light shifts over a floral landscape at dusk with a BBQ, local vegetables and good drinks. It's an open field and still life study for creatives and those of you simply in search of a artful summer evening.
This class will run from 6-10pm and might interest you if you are a novice or experienced creative in one of the following fields:
- photographer or videographer looking for unusual content to shoot
- a painter or illustrator (there will be the option for a guided class)
- local food and flower enthusiast
Note: This is not exclusive to artists or industry people. It's open to all.
Cost: $75.00-To sign-up or learn more email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
GARDEN TO TABLE : DAHLIAS : AUGUST 27TH, 2017
This is a more intensive study in floral design through a farm study of the dahlia at Sweet Gale Gardens. We will spend a morning harvesting flowers and the afternoon composing large urn and compote arrangements featuring the Dahlia. You will further your understanding of colour theory, how to work with texture and challenge yourself in sculpting your arrangements in a more intentional way. The design portion of the day will take place in a naturally lit restored barn. A light lunch with refreshments will be served mid-day.
This class will run from 10am - 4pm and is for:
- Aspiring floral designers
- Florists looking to deepen their craft
- Farmer Florists
- Those new to the small-scale cutting garden desiring to learn more about design
Cost: $450 -To sign-up or learn more email: email@example.com.