2017 SGG FARM TOUR
with Ecological Farmers of Ontario at Earth-to-Table Farm
Sunday, July 16th 9am-12pm
Join me for a morning on the farm for a behind the scenes tour with Ecological Farmers of Ontario. On this tour, I'll chat about cut flower growing, what its like to grow on leased land, farmer partnerships, and the farmer-led research and farmer-citizen science I am conducting onsite.
A potluck lunch on site will follow.
This is tour is for you if:
- you'd like to see behind the scenes at Sweet Gale Gardens and want to know more about farming
- you're a farmer considering cut flower production
- you'd like to meet other Ontario farmers
Registration is through EFAO only, $10-15 a person. Please visit their website.
THE FARMER AND THE FLORIST SERIES
A collaboration with Sweet Gale Gardens and A Fine Medley
A STUDY OF LIGHT AND FLOWERS : JULY 24TH, 2017
This is a fun, lighthearted evening of art, photography, food, community and collective intelligence. We will look at how light shifts over a floral landscape at dusk with a BBQ, local vegetables and good drinks. It's an open field and still life study for creatives and those of you simply in search of a artful summer evening.
This class will run from 6-10 pm and might interest you if you are a novice or experienced creative in one of the following fields:
- photographer or videographer looking for unusual content to shoot
- a painter or illustrator (there will be the option for a guided class)
- local food and flower enthusiast
Note: This is not exclusive to artists or industry people. It's open to all.
Cost: $75.00-To sign-up or learn more email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
GARDEN TO TABLE : DAHLIAS : AUGUST 27TH, 2017
This an intensive in growing and designing with dahlias through a on-farm study of the dahlia at Sweet Gale Gardens. We will spend the morning on growing, maintaining, and harvesting dahlias and the afternoon composing a compote arrangement. You will further your understanding of growing techniques, colour theory, how to work with texture and challenge yourself in sculpting your arrangements in a more intentional way. The design portion of the day will take place in a naturally lit restored barn. A light lunch with refreshments will be served mid-day.
This class will run from 10am - 4pm and is for:
- Beginner gardeners
- Aspiring floral designers
- Florists looking to deepen their craft
- Those new to the small-scale cutting garden desiring to learn more about growing and design
Cost: $450 -To sign-up or learn more email: email@example.com.